Sunday 3 March 2013

Day 3 - Hell

Today has been pure hell. My cravings are through the roof and it's taken every last ounce of my willpower not to smoke. My husband said he was impressed by my self control, but I didn't feel like I had much self control considering I was pretty much staring at his packet of cigarettes and drooling when he said it. Still, I was good and didn't ask for one, so I guess I had more self control than I thought.

I've definitely found that a good trick is drinking ice cold drinks when the cravings hit really strong. Room temperature drinks don't help; but having them ice cold seems to help. So far today, I've had an entire litre of ice water. My bladder thinks I drained Niagra Falls, but ah well.

Apparently I should keep track of what I eat, so here goes..

I've had a chicken breast with some lettuce and cheese and a whole meal roll. For my snacks I've had some nice cold red grapes(about a cup) and a few pieces of celery with a salsa dip and six prawns. I've only had one meal and three snacks, but I'm ill so my appetite is a bit all over the place. Yesterday I was starving, today I'm having to force myself to eat between coughing fits.

I just finished making myself some nice elderberry cough medicine though, so hopefully the cough will go away soon. It usually does when I have my elderberry. If only I could stop the cats from trying to lick it all up..


No comments:

Post a Comment