Tuesday 5 March 2013

Day 5 - March 05

So I didn't get to say anything yesterday because my network was being a brat. My cravings were really bad, but I managed to stay strong. I just keep reminding myself of what my best friend Mandy told me 'Just remember, it goes away after a few minutes'. So every time I got a bad craving, I would do a little work on a drawing. By the end of the night, I'd sketched out an entire scene and I plan on working on painting it during the bad cravings too so that in the end, I'll have stayed strong and made art too.

I've still got my cold and the detoxing has added to my coughing, but I think I'll live. I'm just glad I can take as much of my elderberry cough medicine as I want without getting sick from it or anything.

What I ate yesterday:


meal 1: salad with 2 chopped up boiled eggs, 8 cherry tomatos, a tiny bit of grated white cheddar, and about a tablespoon of vinagerette dressing.
snack: about 10 red grapes
meal 2: 40g of granola with 100ml of semi-skinned milk
snack: packet of slim fast snack pretzels
meal 3: a bowl of apple and cinammon oatmeal and an orange

16oz ice water with some strawberry juice added for taste throughout the day

--------------------

Today the cravings haven't been as frequent. I'm still coughing and I've been drained and a little out of it all day today, but that's partly my cold and partly the detox I think. I've noticed that I've had a harder time falling asleep since I quit smoking. I'm not sure if it's part of the detox or just my insomnia playing up. Once I do fall asleep, I don't sleep for very long and wake up feeling drained still. I think I'll have to start making myself some valeria tea at night.

Today I've eaten:

meal 1: chicken and bacon pasta
snack: whole meal bread roll with a little butter
meal 2: tuna mayo on whole meal bread sandwich
snack: slim fast pretzels (i just REALLY like the taste of them lol)
meal 3: pizza made of white cheddar cheese, tomato sauce, and a tortilla wrap base.

8 oz orange juice
8 oz water flavored with lemon juice
500ml dr pepper (my little treat for staying strong)

No comments:

Post a Comment